Awesome opportunity at Viewpoints for VP/GM of Viewpoints.com. Are you a product/marketing superstar?Posted: January 6, 2010
Due to our tremendous growth in the last year, Viewpoints is expanding its management team and looking to add a VP/GM of Viewpoints.com. As of January 15th, this position is open. We are currently talking to candidates who have substantial, proven experience and a vision and passion for building the leading and most trusted reviews and advice brand on the web. Are you, or is someone you know up for the challenge?
If so, send your resume to me, Matt Moog at email@example.com. I am the founder/CEO of Viewpoints and you would report directly to me.
Job description below the break.
VP/GM of Viewpoints.com
The Vice President & General Manager of Viewpoints.com will report to the CEO and be a part of the senior management team. They will set the strategic direction and priorities of the Viewpoints.com business. He/she will then be accountable for leading the team and day-to-day operations to help achieve the divisional financial and strategic goals. The VP/GM will partner with Sales and Technology teams and oversee all site operations including content, community, marketing, analytics/site optimization and product management. The GM is also accountable for communicating progress against objectives and working across divisions to ensure we are optimizing shared resources and projects.
Overall Management Accountability
- Setting overall strategic direction with management team and CEO.
- Managing daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly priorities and tasks to ensure delivery of strategic imperatives in a timely and efficient manner.
- Building an A+ team to manage day-to-day operations.
- Defining team goals as well as tracking and communicating progress against metrics. Direct team is currently 7 people and including sales and technical resources there a total of 15 people working on Viewpoints.com.
- Ensuring divisional profitability and operating success by managing overall division P&L through extensive reporting and analysis (in coordination with sales management).
- Proactive company & management communication about goals and P&L.
- Content Management & SEO – Lead the newly created content management team to ensure achievement of our 20MM SEO visits in 2010. Provide SEO & content direction as well as daily oversight to ensure we are tracking well against our goals.
- Community Management– Set the strategic direction and prioritization around community acquisition, activation and retention to show significant community growth and contribution in 2010. This includes acquisition planning, member services management, email management, activation programming, reputation system planning and more.
- Site Optimization & Analytics– oversee site analytics to ensure we are building a data-driven culture. In 2010, lead the effort to refine and expand our use of data collection tools and incorporate data into overall decision-making. This includes corporate dashboard performance, Google analytics, and ForeSee Results.
- Product Management- Oversee overall product development, project management and product marketing for Viewpoints.com. This includes leading the project prioritization process, competitive positioning, developing project specifications and leading the projects required to launch new company initiatives. Also work cross-functionally to ensure initiatives support community objectives, Sales needs and VTP platform.
- Marketing- Oversee all search engine marketing for Viewpoints.com. Coordinate brand building efforts and PR with marketing resource.
- Sales and Technology will remain corporate shared resources.
- 10+ years of relevant consumer marketing experience.
- An understanding of Internet advertising pricing, formats and trends.
- Extensive knowledge of the Internet market, preferably at a consumer marketing website.
- Cross- functional background in product management, marketing, or analytics.
- Experience with a website dependent upon community for traffic building preferred.
- Proven leadership and management skills.