Hiring: Internet Advertising Account ExecutivePosted: December 15, 2010
Due to strong growth, we are looking for an Internet Advertising Account Executive to join our team to help connect marketers with our audience through branding and sponsorship programs as well as innovative Social Influencer Packages.
About our Advertising Opportunities
We offer Targeted Media opportunities that allow advertisers to reach in-market consumers while they are actively in the process of researching a purchase decision; we believe this is one of the best opportunities to drive brand awareness, traffic, and sales. Further, our clients will reach a coveted consumer: female, aged 25-54, who shops online, is active in social media, has children and owns a home. We offer advertisers extraordinary targeting options – clients can target campaigns at the category, sub-category, product, brand, review, or reviewer level. Marketers can advertise around their own reviews or their competitors, or both, and we do all of this via IAB standard units or custom, high impact rich media and takeover formats as well as custom sponsorship opportunities.
Through our Social Influencer programs, we help clients harness the power of genuine consumer word-of-mouth. Here, we help brands identify their target consumers and help them experience their product (via samples, trials, contests, surveys) in exchange for posting an unbiased review. These highly influential consumers generate awareness, excitement and sales by reviewing their experience and sharing their opinions with their own social network and the entire Viewpoints community. What’s more, Viewpoints amplifies reviewers’ word-of-mouth by optimizing their reviews and recommendations for search traffic, extending their reach through Facebook and Twitter, and featuring testimonials in follow-up media campaigns.
Advertisers who have taken advantage of these programs include: Kenmore, Whirlpool, Maytag, Kitchenaid, Pampers, Puff’s, Kraft, Pedigree, Tide, Bounce, Walmart, Walgreens, Sears, Kmart, Jergens, FiberPlus, Ghirardelli, Symantec, and more.
- The Account Executive is responsible for building relationships with advertisers and advertising agencies.
- You will prospect, present, negotiate and close sales.
- Post sale, you will maintain relationships with your clients and help handle anything that comes up along the way.
- In this role, you will sell premium CPM banner and sponsorship campaigns online and in email.
- Additionally, you will creatively design, present, and sell customized “Social Influencer” packages that may include sampling, polling, surveys, review syndication and more.
You have an interest and passion for social media and believe that the way companies interact with their customers is fundamentally changing. You regularly use social media sites in your own life, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare, etc. You enjoy the environment and excitement of a start-up, the security of a well-funded organization with an experienced management team, and want to be part of a company with a mission and ethics you can believe in.
- You have 1-4 years experience selling online media or working as an online media planner (with a desire to transfer to sales)
- You have a network of contacts that you can leverage to hit the ground running.
- You enjoy working with a team, but are largely self-directed, self-motivated, and self-sufficient.
- You are very comfortable working with a team of committed, results oriented “A players” who work hard and have fun doing it. We are a team of doers. Everyone at every level rolls up their sleeves and contributes. You want to be a part of this.
Salary and benefits
This is a full time position; base + commission will be paid commensurate with experience. In addition, we offer a benefits package including Health and Dental insurance, 401k, vacation plan, and bonus.
To apply, please send compelling cover letter, salary history, and resume to Kim Smith at: kim[at]viewpoints.com