Hiring – VP of Sales for ViewpointsPosted: March 23, 2011
The Vice President of Sales for Viewpoints reports to the CEO as a member of the Senior Leadership Team. This role requires energy, ambition, a razor sharp mind, great communication skills, people management experience, extensive digital media sales chops, a passion for social media and innovative business models and a personality that will thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing entrepreneurial environment.
Viewpoints, a leading provider of consumer reviews is on a growth trajectory to triple our current size and become a top 100 web property with 10 million monthly users within the next 24 months. In doing so we will create significant value for our users, customers, shareholders and employees. We stand at the intersection of four of the most important drivers of the digital age: interactive advertising, ecommerce, social media and mobile. In short, for the right person ready to step up to the challenge of driving 100%+ annual revenue growth, this is a career changing opportunity.
Based in Chicago or potentially NYC.
About Viewpoints Network
Viewpoints Network is one of the largest and fastest growing online publishers of consumer reviews for home and family products. Viewpoints.com has 650,000+ registered members, 2.9 million monthly users and has posted 70%+ annual traffic and revenue growth since its September 2007 launch. Proctor & Gamble, Whirlpool, Sears, Walgreens, Wal-Mart and many other leading brands are among our satisfied customers. Viewpoints offers clients an opportunity to reach category specific (i.e. washing machines) “in-market” consumers who are actively looking for information to make a purchase decision and “social influencers” who have demonstrated a propensity to talk about products and share their opinions with their social network.
Viewpoints also hosts and manages MySears.com, MyKmart.com and the community for Craftsman tools on behalf of Sears Holding.
About our Advertising Opportunities
Viewpoints offers Targeted Media opportunities that allow advertisers to reach in-market consumers while they are actively in the process of researching a purchase decision; we believe this is one of the best opportunities to drive brand awareness, traffic, and sales. Further, our clients will reach a coveted consumer: female, aged 25-54, who shops online, is active in social media, has children and owns a home. We offer advertisers extraordinary targeting options – clients can target campaigns at the category, sub-category, product, brand, review, or reviewer level. Marketers can advertise around their own reviews or their competitors, or both, and we do all of this via IAB standard units or custom, high impact rich media and takeover formats as well as custom sponsorship opportunities.
Through our Social Influencer programs, we help clients harness the power of genuine consumer word-of-mouth. Here, we help brands identify their target consumers and help them experience their product (via samples, trials, contests, surveys) in exchange for posting an unbiased review. These highly influential consumers generate awareness, excitement and sales by reviewing their experience and sharing their opinions with their own social network and the entire Viewpoints community. What’s more, Viewpoints amplifies reviewers’ word-of-mouth by optimizing their reviews and recommendations for search traffic, extending their reach through Facebook and Twitter, and featuring testimonials in follow-up media campaigns.
Brands who have taken advantage of these programs include: Kenmore, Whirlpool, Maytag, Kitchenaid, Pampers, Puff’s, Kraft, Pedigree, Tide, Bounce, Walmart, Walgreens, Sears, Kmart, Jergens, FiberPlus, Ghirardelli, Symantec, and more.
- Achieve annual revenue targets and manage future revenue growth rates to meet or exceed traffic growth rates
- Manage sell through and optimization of ad inventory. Develop a strategy to maximize CPM, RPM, RPV for brand and performance revenue
- Manage and expand as necessary current team of 3 sales execs, 1 account manager and 1 traffic manager.
- Design and manage commission plan
- Allocate accounts and/or territories or customer segments among the sales team
- Have excellent communication skills. With your team, manager and across departments as well as with clients.
- Be an individual contributor. Take on several large agencies and accounts to develop strategic partnerships with them.
- Work with outside designer and copy writers to create marketing campaigns targeted at advertisers and agencies and associated materials (web site, e-mail, direct mail etc)
- Work with product managers to create new ad products or other new revenue streams
- Cultivate a large network of contacts at agencies, clients and partners to use as a sounding board for new opportunities, develop strategic relationships and to help with recruiting
- Great sales skills and ability to build executive level relationships
- Demonstrated and proven people and team management
- A strong familiarity with digital media sales
- Self directed, proactive and confident
- Ability to form strong points of view with the intellectual honesty to change your mind when presented with new information or better arguments.
- A strategic mind. Be able to look beyond current customers and ways of doing business and see broader market opportunities
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done yourself. Everyone at Viewpoints is an individual contributor.
Salary and benefits
- Base + bonus + options.
- Health and Dental insurance, 401k, vacation plan, and bonus.
- Flexible hours and ability to work from home on Wednesday or Friday
Are you up for the challenge?
- Sell me – matt(at)viewpoints.com
- 312 447 6111