Viewpoints is looking for a spectacular seller to expand our presence to New YorkPosted: October 19, 2012
2012 has been an exciting year for Viewpoints. We launched a major redesign, saw strong revenue growth and an explosion of mobile usage. As such, we are looking for a stellar Internet Advertising Account Executive to join our passionate team, and help further expand our footprint. This new team member will be responsible for sales on the East Coast, so a NY based candidate is preferred.
Viewpoints has been providing people a platform to share their brand experiences since 2007, and is one of the few truly independent Consumer Ratings & Reviews services. Viewpoints attracts in market and increasingly in-store shoppers during their path to purchase. We help our users find candid advice on buying a new refrigerator, mobile phone or even shampoo. And we deliver what advertisers are looking for, consumers who are actively considering a purchase in their category.
About our Advertising Opportunities
We offer Targeted Media opportunities that allow advertisers to reach in-market consumers while they are actively in the process of researching a purchase decision. Our targeted media opportunities include contextually targeted display ads, pay-per-performance Sponsored Listings and custom creative programs and units.
We also offer Social Influencer programs designed to generate buzz, social media sharing and provide invaluable insights.
Our growing mobile presence uniquely positions us to work with retailers and manufacturers.
We are also launching a content syndication program to extend the visibility and impact of our reviews across the web, mobile and in-store channels.
Full details on our advertising platform can be found on our site: http://about.viewpoints.com/advertisers/
The person who will succeed in this role will have solid agency and client relationships, and enjoy spending his/her time in the field, closing deals. This role is an external facing role, with a strong foundation of seasoned internal support to help with program development and fulfillment. If you like to sell and spend time with clients (versus sitting in internal staff meetings), this role is for you.
- The Account Executive is responsible for building relationships with advertisers and advertising agencies.
- You will prospect, present, negotiate and close sales.
- Post sale, you will maintain relationships with your clients and help handle anything that comes up along the way.
- In this role, you will sell premium CPM banner and sponsorship campaigns online and in email.
- Additionally, you will creatively design, present, and sell customized “Social Influencer” packages that may include sampling, polling, surveys, review syndication and more.
You have an interest and passion for social media and believe that the way companies interact with their customers is fundamentally changing. You regularly use social media sites in your own life, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare, etc. You enjoy the environment and excitement of a start-up, the security of a well-funded organization with an experienced management team, and want to be part of a company with a mission and ethics you can believe in.
- You have 3+ years experience selling online media
- You have a network of contacts that you can leverage to hit the ground running.
- You enjoy working with a team, but are largely self-directed, self-motivated, and self-sufficient.
- You are very comfortable working with a team of committed, results oriented “A players” who work hard and have fun doing it. We are a team of doers. Everyone at every level rolls up their sleeves and contributes. You want to be a part of this.
- Preferred location is NY, however, we are open to candidates in Chicago with strong East Coast relationships.
Salary and benefits
This is a full time position. Base + commission will be paid commensurate with experience. In addition, we offer a benefits package including Health and Dental insurance, 401k, vacation plan, and bonus.
Ready for the challenge? Please send your resume to denise [at] viewpoints [dot] com. But before you hit “send,” be sure to write a Review or two on Viewpoints.com so you can share your thoughts on our user experience.