Are you into building freely available tools, designed to be used by millions of businesses?Posted: November 7, 2012
Do you think mobile first? If you’re focused on the confluence of social, local and mobile (SoLoMo- a ridiculous term… we know), then Viewpoints shares your passion. We are dedicated to serving this fantastic growing and thriving marketplace. Viewpoints is recruiting a lead backend engineer, trained in Ruby on Rails.
We are empowering business owners to collect, analyze and publish feedback from their customers. Our tools employ natural language generation, geo location, structured data, contextual relevance and cloud deployed technology. We strive to make this simple, elegant and accessible.
We’re looking for entrepreneurial engineers who are capable of shipping often, pivoting quickly, and responding regularly to feedback from customers and users. You should have strong opinions about product and technology strategy please be willing to speak your mind.
At Viewpoints you’ll be part of a small, nimble team in which every member has a seat at the table. You’ll get to iterate on product design before you write a single line of code and passionately debate the finer points of user experience. We’ve developed an exciting business plan for a growing market with plenty of room for disruption, but we need your passion and talent to make it work. Lunchpail programmers need not apply.
We develop using Ruby on Rails 3.2, MySQL, Unicorn, nginx, git, Solr, Redis, HTML5, CSS3/SASS, jQuery, Modernizr and responsive design. We practice agile, test-driven development and deploy our own code at least biweekly.
Talent, fit and passion are as important as experience. We are working to crack a big, hard-to-solve market problem. Your role will be to work closely with our product team to invent and hand-code new features; evolve our application architecture; help manage our server and cloud infrastructure; and monitor our uptime, scalability and performance.
- Be able to work effectively with information architects, designers, business stakeholders, UI engineers, QA personnel and other back-end programmers.
- Exhibit a passion for technology, business, and the challenges of developing consumer-facing mobile and desktop experiences. Bonus points for experience with analytics and SEO.
- Have production experience using clean, performant, DRY, and test-driven Ruby on Rails code to implement projects from the database layer to the web tier.
- Understand how to choose the best third-party libraries and tools in all layers of the application and the production environment.
- Work fluidly in a Linux-based environment. Bonus points for real-world experience deploying to the cloud, maintaining git repositories, managing CI servers, and shell-scripting like a pro.
- Thrive in a lean, agile start-up environment where you help invent the product, contribute to the QA process, lead the deployment of your own code, and hand-patch to production on a dime.
- Be a lifelong learner who keeps up to date with cutting-edge technologies through reading, writing, skunkworks, personal projects and open-source contributions.
- Bonus points for experience with UI web technologies and native mobile app development.
We will provide you with:
- A competitive salary and bonus program.
- Full benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401(k).
- Possible equity (for the right fit).
- The autonomy and team environment to build something great.
Ready for the challenge? Please send your resume to gib [at] viewpoints [dot] com.