Viewpoints Is Hiring Sales AssociatePosted: August 27, 2013
Viewpoints is creating a sales role for Viewpoints Pulse and Viewpoints Connect. These new tools will empower companies to respond to and syndicate reviews of their own products.
Viewpoints provides authentic consumer reviews written by more than 250,000 of our members. Founded in 2006, we are the voice of the consumer. In addition to collecting reviews from consumers, and selling advertising to leading brands, the company is also preparing to launch Viewpoints Pulse and Viewpoints Connect. Viewpoints Pulse is a tool for allow companies (product manufacturers, brands or businesses) to analyze and respond to reviews of their products. Viewpoints Connect is service that allows retailers, manufacturers and publishers to syndicate our content by embedding it into their customer experience.
You’ll be joining a small but growing team to bring Viewpoints to a new market of companies eager to leverage the power of consumer reviews and be more responsive to their customers. You will be an integral part of our company’s success in building market awareness of and driving business adoption of the Pulse platform.
We believe Viewpoints Pulse and Viewpoints Connect are the future of Viewpoints and plan to grow to thousands of customers in the next two years.
Are you the person who can help us get there?
We are looking for candidates who can:
- Prospect: The infamous cold call is a fact of life at Viewpoints. We want to get the word out and need self-starters to help. We’ll provide prospect lists, but we’re looking for candidates who think creatively about how best to find potential targets and close deals.
- Close: Phone, web, and occasional in person meetings to discuss client needs and demonstrate the Viewpoints Pulse platform. We need hungry, highly motivated people to blaze a trail and make this new product successful.
- Follow up: Ensure that our clients become HUGE fans of Viewpoints Pulse (and generate referrals on your behalf).
- Collaborate: We value teamwork. Share your successes and failures with the team so that everyone can be successful.
What we offer
- A meritocracy: It’s all about performance. Those who positively contribute to our team and to our clients will succeed and have opportunities to advance quickly!
- A fun team environment with periodic outings (Cubs games, happy hours, and other events) to celebrate successes.
- Professional development opportunities working with experienced sales execs and a team of expert technologists
- The space: Our River North loft working space features open seating, lounge areas, food, and beer. Free catered team lunches every Tuesday. Viewpoints is part of Wavetable Labs, so there are always interesting people around!
- Education: We don’t really care if you have a BA, BS, MBA, PhD, or are a Knighted Lord. Our most successful employees tend to be smart and intellectually curious. Be excited about launching a new product and figuring out how we can help our clients!
- Experience: Prior sales experience is great, but what we are most interested in is someone with confidence and the willingness to work hard to talk about Viewpoints Pulse with as many people as possible.
- Initiative: All new products require blood, sweat, tears and luck to be successful. We want self-starters who won’t wait to be told what to do, but who will take the initiative to win accounts and close deals.
- Flexibility: Our team has learned a lot about how to make you effective at your job and we’ll want to put you in the best position possible to be successful. However, we by no means have it all figured out, so you’ll be expected to add ideas. This includes ideas for the product, ideas for the sales process, ideas for lead generation, ideas for marketing materials, and anything else that has the potential to make Viewpoints great!
- Fit: We have a small, tight knit team that is committed to helping each other. We expect you to be a positive addition to the team.
- Receive uncapped commissions that are paid out promptly, but expect a quota for your first 3 months on the job. Earn commission for new and recurring businesses using the Pulse platform.
- Stock options to share in the long term success of Viewpoints
- We offer a moderate but competitive base salary
- 3 weeks paid vacation each year
- Plus, all the standard benefits you’d expect: Health, Dental, 401k, etc. with HSA contributions
How to apply
Send us a note and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We know how frustrating it is when people don’t respond to emails, so we will be sure to get back to you.